LEGAL SECRETARY/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant will support our team of attorney . The Senior Law Unit provides legal counseling and/or representation to Broward County residents who are 60 years of age or older in various areas, such as, Housing, Health and Public Benefits, Consumer, Naturalization, Abuse and Exploitation matters. Our office provides the highest quality counsel and representation available to low-income seniors in Broward County.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Filing legal documents through statewide e-filing portal and serving documents via email
- Scheduling (hearings, mediations, and depositions), copying, faxing, and filing
- Working closely with numerous attorneys and paralegals
- Frequent communication with clients and outside agencies; in person, on the phone, and via email
- Able to maintain data and generate reports
- Provide assistance for grant reports and various operations of the project
- Associate Degree with at least 5 years of experience
- Excellent organizational and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in web-based applications
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the court system
- Must have the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Professional demeanor and client-oriented focus
Bi-lingual preferred but not required. Non-smoker. Salary D.O.E. plus excellent fringe benefits. Submit resume to CCLAemployment@legalaid.org by 3/31/19. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ATTORNEY FOR BROWARD FAMILY COURT
SELF ADVOCACY PROGRAM
Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida, Inc.’s Broward Family Court Self Advocacy Program is located in the Broward County Courthouse. This Florida Bar Foundation funded family law Attorney will provide legal information and guidance to a high volume of self-represented litigants on the following matters: Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce), Paternity, Modification of time-sharing and child support, Family Court Motions, and limited information on Department of Revenue issues. Applicant must be a high energy, dedicated, calm and patient individual who cares about helping self-represented litigants achieve a fair and efficient resolution of their family law case. EOE
Forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school.
Florida bar membership required.
Preference to applicants fluent in spoken and written Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
Passionate about serving all populations.