EACH Project

The Economic Advocacy and Community Health (EACH) Project seeks to secure equal justice for economically disadvantaged Broward County residents by effectively responding to the needs and goals of individual clients, identifying systemic legal problems that impact our community, and pursuing solutions to those problems.

We provide legal services in the following areas: Cash Assistance (TANF/TCA), Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps (SNAP), Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Reemployment Assistance Benefits (RA).  In addition, our VALOR Project funded by Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) provides education, outreach and representation to Veterans, active duty military, and their families. We conduct outreach at the William Bill Kling VA Clinic. 

How to Apply for Benefits:

If you want to apply for any of the above benefits, click on one of the links below:

How to Appeal a Denial of Benefits:

Failure to appeal on time will likely result in you being unable to receive that benefit for a period of time. Follow the process below to appeal a denial of benefits.

Food Stamps, Medicaid, and Cash Assistance – Email to Office of Appeal Hearings (appeal_hearings@dcf.state.fl.us) the following statement (include your case number, if available):

I, (your name), hereby appeal the most recent decision of the Department of Children and Families, because I have been improperly denied (food stamps/Medicaid/cash assistance).

Reemployment Assistance Benefits – You must appeal any denial of Reemployment assistance within twenty (20) days of denial. Click on the following link and complete the form: UC Appeal. You may also go to any Career Source Broward office to receive assistance in completing your appeal.

Social Security – If you are receiving Social Security benefits and have been denied, you must appeal within ten (10) days to continue to receive benefits. Otherwise, you must appeal within sixty (60) days. Click on the following link and complete the form: SSA Appeal. You may also go to any Social Security office to receive assistance in completing your appeal.

Florida Law Help / Public Benefits Topics

  • Child Care
  • SSI
  • Children’s Health
  • Taxes
  • Food Stamps
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Medicaid
  • Veterans’ Benefits
  • Medicare
  • Welfare/Public Assistance
  • Social Security and Social Security Disability